Why are there are so many people who work in jobs
they do not find fulfilling or that they absolutely hate?
Why are there are so many people who do not pursue
what they are passionate about?
Why are there are so many people in the world who are depressed?
DID YOU KNOW?
Depression is the leading cause of ill health and disability worldwide. According to the latest estimates from WHO, more than 300 million people are now living with depression, an increase of more than 18% between 2005 and 2015.*
*Source: Neuroscience News April 1, 2017
I believe that these things are all related….
I believe that more and more people are depressed because they are not making choices that fulfill them in their lives.
They are not being true to themselves (choosing what they really want to do, choosing who they really want to be with, choosing where they really want to live, etc.).
I used to be one of these people. I was underemployed, chronically depressed, angry, and uninspired in my life. That is, until I met a person who challenged all my traditional ideas about health, work, relationships, and about choice.
Why Don’t People Choose What They Want?
Why wasn’t I pursuing what I wanted in my life?
I had lots of reasons…Perhaps you can relate to these, too:
- believing I didn’t have a choice
- believing what I grew up with…what my family and friends told me—take what you get, don’t rock the boat
- believing what society, what my family, what I “thought” was important….not really knowing what “I” wanted
- believing I was not responsible…instead, blaming everyone and everything else for the experiences in my life
Outcomes of Choice
It wasn’t until I took responsibility for every little choice that I make, from moment to moment, that I discovered life truly can be ALL that I want it to be.
And if I don’t like the outcome of my choice, I can ALWAYS re-choose!! Life has become a true adventure for me, a journey where experiencing BLISS can be, and often is, the result of my choices. And these outcomes are the BEST:
- I no longer suffer from chronic depression…instead, I appreciate each day
- I no longer blame others for anything…I take responsibility for myself and all my decisions
- I no longer believe that “it” is NOT possible, whatever “it” is…I truly believe that life is full of endless possibilities!
I have also learned that I am the only person who can decide what is BEST for me. There are no experts out there who can tell me—I have become my own EXPERT. Only I can change my life.
Only I can determine the path that I want to take in this ADVENTURE of LIFE.
Never-Ending Inspiration for Choosing Possibility
I find the most extraordinary inspiration in nature while on bike rides, hikes, walks; or simply sitting on my porch in the backyard.
I am continually inspired by the songs of birds, the colors of the changing landscape, the wind whispering through the trees, and the little critters that show up in all kinds of places.
I have also discovered other inspirational resources over the years….
people, stories, videos, books, music, and more….
things that have inspired, and continue to inspire me in CHOOSING POSSIBILITY.